Every holiday has to include this cheese log. It is delicious and always a favorite at each holiday party. I decided to post it, since I am constantly being asked for the recipe. I always pawn off the left-overs, because I can’t show restraint if I bring any home with me & I will eat it straight up. No extra gained holiday weight for me….
- 3 boxed blocks of cream cheese
- Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 3-4 single stalks of Green Onion trimmed
- ¾’s of a bag of Shredded Sharp Cheddar
- ¾’s of a container crumbled blue cheese
- 2 cups of pistachios (get roasted)
1. In a small stove top pan, toast your garlic cloves until they are nice and golden on all sides. (do not peel the garlic until toasted)
2. In a food processor or blender combine green onions, cheddar, one garlic clove and 2 dashes of worcestershire sauce. Place on pulse until the green onions are chopped finely.
3. Add 1 & ½ block of cream cheese to the green onion mixture in the food processer and pulse until the mixture is completely mixed. (it should roll up like dough in the food processor and create on big clump.
4. On your serving plate, mold the sharp cheddar mixture into a nice long log.
5. Take the rest of the cream cheese (1 & ½ block), 3 dashes of worcestershire sauce, the rest of the garlic (2 cloves) & blue cheese and add it to the food processor. Pulse until the mixture is completely mixed and it creates one big clump in the food processor.
6. Take the blue cheese mixture and create a layer around the sharp cheddar log. Make sure to add a nice layer on the sides and on top.
8. Make sure to coat the tops and sides of the log completely. I like to take the platter and lean it to the side a few times to help loose pistachio’s fall, and so that I can add pistachio’s to white spots.
9. Cut off the ends so that you can see the layers clearly and for presentation. (Eat the ends, a little pre-snack before the party starts). Clean off the sides of the plate with a clean napkin once finished with pistachios.
Place log in fridge covered in wax paper followed by saran wrap until ready for serving.
10. Take the log out of the fridge and let sit 20 minutes before serving so that it can soften. Serve with a whole wheat cracker. Larger crackers are the best. AND ENJOY!