Hello! Sorry it seems like it has been a few weeks since my last post. I have been getting into the ketogenic diet jive. This is the one diet that has worked for me. It has transitioned into more of a life style change. In my earlier post, I wrote about how the diet consist of good fats, medium proteins, 1,100 calories daily and very low carbs. About 3-4 days after you start this diet, your body starts to utilize stored fat as an energy source. Your body starts producing ketones in order to process these fats.
Now being on such a strict no sugar and 15 grams of carbs a day, I have really had to pick and choose what carbs I will eat for the day. I am not really into sweets but hey sometimes a girl needs chocolate. AM I RIGHT? I came up with this recipe and if you are vegan, lactose intolerant, on a special diet or want a healthy treat you will love this!
Red Chile Coconut Milk Mousse Shots
You will need:
- Can of Coconut milk (chilled in fridge over night) (at grocery store, give can a little shake. If you can’t hear too much liquid sloshing, the can is perfect)
- 3 TBSP of Cocoa Powder
- 1-2 packets of Stevia
- 1/2 TSP of Vanilla Extract (not the imitation junk)
- 1/4 TSP of Red Chile Powder toasted
- Pinch of Sea Salt
1. Open can of Coconut Milk and only Scoop out solids (reserve liquids for a slaw)
2. Mix –In a bowl combine all ingredients with a hand blender. (START WITH ONE PACKET OF STEVIA, ADD MORE IF PREFERRED)
3. Pipe into shot glasses or small trifle cups.
4. Garnish with fresh Mint.
VOILA: Serving size is about 2 tablespoons. Less than 2 net carbs. Now that is SKINNY HAUTE!